Hotel PBX telephone operator
The Inn at Perry Cabin is a beautiful 78 room luxury hotel, located on the Miles River in St. Michael’s, Maryland that features world-class amenities for play, relaxation and exploration. Tucked along a private corner of the Chesapeake Bay, on more than 20 acres of manicured lawns along the Miles River, the Inn at Perry Cabin’s nautical charm and casual elegance inspire a genuine sense of escape. It is just moments by foot, bicycle, car and boat from the historic town of Saint Michaels, putting some of the region’s best shopping, antiquing, tasting and hunting right at your fingertips.
For more information about the Inn at Perry Cabin please visit us at: www.innatperrycabin.com
We are seeking a full time hotel phone operator to answer the hotel’s incoming phone calls. While no job description can possibly provide a comprehensive list of job duties, the following is a summary of the major responsibilities for the position:
1. Answer internal and external telephone calls hotel within three rings; direct incoming calls to appropriate extensions.
2. Receive and record messages for guests.
3. Record and make wake up calls.
4. Initiate the prompt response system (logging information regarding problems/situations that require prompt attention and relaying to appropriate personnel).
5. Receive and send facsimiles.
6. Be thoroughly familiar with all check-in and check-out procedures and the AM and PM checklist.
7. Provide a strong sense of arrival and welcome; greet all guests in a friendly, warm, and efficient manner.
8. Acknowledge guests by name if possible; provide information to guests.
The position is full time and reports directly to the Front Office supervisor. AM or PM schedule may be required.
The telecom operator will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Ability to communicate in English with hotel guests and employees to their understanding. Ability to handle incoming calls efficiently and courteously. Ability to speak clearly and understandably. Ability to record accurate and readable messages. Ability to provide friendly, efficient and courteous service to guests.
- Must be dependable and able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and PM shifts.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal - the smile comes through on the phone!
- Team player, must be able to handle a high volume of calls and work well under bursts of busy!
Full time team members are invited to particpate in the following:
low cost health benefits the 1st of the month following 60 days
Free life insurance and free short term disability
paid time off and paid vacation
free shift meals, uniforms and onsite parking
team member discounts in spa, restaurant, golf, tennis and more
401k with company match
Flexible spending account options