Assistant Food and Beverage Outlet Manager
Due to an internal promotion, The Inn at Perry Cabin is seeking an Assistant Food and Beverage Manager to assist in overseeing the food and beverage outlets of the hotel. Outlets include Stars three meal restaurant, Purser's Pub, In Room Dining and in season pool side service.
The Assistant F&B Managers support the Department head and the Director of F&B in the overall direction, planning, organization and team supervision in all of the food and beverage outlets. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises Food and Beverage staff in fulfillment of unit programs and activities within budget, with quality, and on schedule;
- Ensures service to all guest follows established standards, is consistent, efficient and courteous;
- Achieves budgeted food and beverage sales, labor costs and profitability.
- Prepare station assignments according to group requirements and hotel regulations
- Assign side work to servers. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations that compromise the department’s standards and delegate these tasks.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with servers; review all information pertinent to the event set-up and service. Ensure daily line-ups occur.
- Participate in hotel wide departmental meetings and trainings
- Assist in payroll, monthly inventory, opening and closing duties, ongoing coaching and training, recruitment and team member development, conflict resolution, and team engagement. Also participates in Manager on Duty programs
The Inn at Perry Cabin is a beautiful 78 room luxury hotel, located on the Miles River in St. Michael’s, Maryland that features world-class amenities for play, relaxation and exploration. Tucked along a private corner of the Chesapeake Bay, on more than 20 acres of manicured lawns along the Miles River, the Inn at Perry Cabin’s nautical charm and casual elegance inspire a genuine sense of escape. It is just moments by foot, bicycle, car and boat from the historic town of Saint Michaels, putting some of the region’s best shopping, antiquing, tasting and hunting right at your fingertips.
For more information about the Inn at Perry Cabin please visit us at: www.innatperrycabin.com
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
high school diploma or equivalent required. A Bachelor's degree preferred.
at least two years of progressive supervisory experience in a similar food and beverage is required. Knowledge of upscale food and beverage standards are required, food and beverage experience in resort hospitality is strongly preferred.
Knowledge of three meal restaurant operations is strongly preferred. Knowledge of In Room Dining and Bar operations is strongly preferred.
Experience with managing payroll, scheduling, inventory controls, par levels
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, polished and professional demeanor
Proven organizational skills, data analysis, excellent computer skills.
Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
We offer the following competitive benefits:
- Low cost health benefits available the 1st of the month following 60 days
- 401k with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Free life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Free shift meals and free on site parking
- Paid holidays, sick time and vacation time
- Discounts with Preferred Hotels and Resorts and Inn at Perry Cabin discounts for Spa, Golf, and Restaurant
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce