Pastry Sous Chef
We are seeking a talented, creative and energetic Pastry sous chef to join the Culinary team at The Inn at Perry Cabin. The pastry sous chef is primarily responsible for the overall supervision of the pastry department, creation of the pastry menu for our Stars Restaurant and Banquet department and the preparation of desserts, breads and pastries, ensuring tastiness and quality!
The position is a full time management role that will report to the Executive Chef.
A member of the luxury collection with Preferred Hotels and Resorts,The Inn at Perry Cabin is a beautiful 78 room luxury hotel and resort, located on the Miles River in St. Michael’s, Maryland that features world-class amenities for play, relaxation and exploration. Tucked along a private corner of the Chesapeake Bay, on more than 20 acres of manicured lawns along the Miles River, the Inn at Perry Cabin’s nautical charm and casual elegance inspire a genuine sense of escape. It is just moments by foot, bicycle, car and boat from the historic town of Saint Michaels, putting some of the region’s best shopping, antiquing, tasting and hunting right at your fingertips.
For more information about the Inn at Perry Cabin please visit us at: www.innatperrycabin.com.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Degree in culinary, restaurant management or related field is preferred.
- Food sanitation and handling certificates are required, or the ability to attain.
- Minimum of five years of experience and training in Culinary/pastry, at least one year supervisory experience.
- Experience with a la carte and banquet culinary is also preferred,
- Experience in luxury upscale hotel culinary is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of labor and food cost controls.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
As a full time salaried leader, the following benefits are available:
- Low cost health benefits including prescription benefits the first of the month following 60 days
- Free life insurance, free short and long term disability coverage
- Free uniforms and free uniform cost
- Access to flexible spending accounts
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off and vacation time
- Paid holidays
- Team member discounts with Preferred Hotels and The Inn at Perry Cabin.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.