Resort Recreation Attendant
he Inn at Perry Cabin is a beautiful, independent 78 room luxury hotel, located on the Miles River in St. Michael’s, Maryland that features world-class amenities for play, relaxation and exploration. Tucked along a private corner of the Chesapeake Bay, on more than 20 acres of manicured lawns along the Miles River, the Inn at Perry Cabin’s nautical charm and casual elegance inspire a genuine sense of escape. It is just moments by foot, bicycle, car and boat from the historic town of Saint Michaels, putting some of the region’s best shopping, antiquing, tasting and hunting right at your fingertips.
We are seeking an ENERGETIC, FRIENDLY and FUN full time RECREATION and ACTIVITIES attendant. This position will prepare, clean, stock, set up and maintain the activity areas for the guests throughout the resort. Activities offered include but are not limited to yoga, s'mores, paint n sip, paddleboarding, kayaking, indoor movies, croquet, cornhole, crafts, etc. Throughout the day the recreation attendant will interact with guests, ensuring friendly, consistent and efficient service.
The position is full time, and shifts start as early as 6:00.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to continuously lift at least 50 pounds and push, pull equipment and supplies
- Requires standing, walking, and manual dexterity for up to 8 hour shifts
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors: exposure to direct sunlight, high humidity, hot and cold temperatures
- Excellent organizational skills, dependable work history
- Must have previous customer service experience
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Friendly, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability work work effectively without direct supervision, self motivated and works well with others
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are preferred:
- At least 18 years of age, age 21 or over is preferred as some activities include the requirement to handle alcohol.
- CPR/AED certified, basic first aid
- Experience in in upscale resorts.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
As a full time team member, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Low cost health benefits with health reimbursement account 1st of month following 60 days
- Flexible spending account options
- 401k with company match
- Free uniform and uniform care, discounted shoe program
- Paid sick and personal time
- Paid holidays
- Free short term disability benefit
- Free life insurance
- Free shift meals
- Free on site parking
- Hotel discounts in restaurants, golf, waterfront
- Travel discounts with Preferred Hotels.