On Site Hotel I.T. Tech 2
The Inn at Perry Cabin is a beautiful, independent 78 room luxury hotel, located on the Miles River in St. Michael’s, Maryland that features world-class amenities for play, relaxation and exploration. Tucked along a private corner of the Chesapeake Bay, on more than 20 acres of manicured lawns along the Miles River, the Inn at Perry Cabin’s nautical charm and casual elegance inspire a genuine sense of escape. It is just moments by foot, bicycle, car and boat from the historic town of Saint Michaels, putting some of the region’s best shopping, antiquing, tasting and hunting right at your fingertips.
We are seeking a full time I.T. tech to support the I.T systems that are involved in the operation of the hotel. Overall, the IT tech is responsible for the day to day support of all I.T. and business systems, office systems, computer networks and phone systems throughout the resort. Additionally responsible for Information Technology issues, products, and services at the property. Provides user training and support of all property/site systems, network enhancements, hardware and software support. Also maintains inventory of all hardware products and software licenses, and reviews maintenance agreements.
Key job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing assistance to hotel team members with setting up IT needs at the time of new hire, troubleshooting systems when there are challenges, terminating I.T. systems when needed.
- Ensuring IT systems are updated as necessary, I.T. compliance with systems, back ups, etc
- Some training on IT systems for new manager and new team members
- Assisting guests with IT issues in meeting rooms
- Working with engineering on Wi-Fi or telephone issues
- Will support basic audio visual set up needs and troubleshooting for meetings: screen, LCD, speaker phones.
The position is full time and will be scheduled during regular business hours, but the position will have the responsibility of responding to non business hours IT support needs. The position is partnered with an off site IT support company as back up for basic IT calls and support needs.
The position will report to the Director of Finance.
The IT tech will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Responsible for overseeing and handling network configuration, Servers, Workstations, Networking equipment, PABX, email accounts, and also support for the underlying server/desktop infrastructure.
- Should be capable of doing Root Cause Analysis on a problem and must know the Network fundamentals, general network setup and device configuration.
- Good knowledge of server hardware, Disk storage technology, I/O devices, Skilled in usage of system level profiling tools and network monitoring systems to aid in application performance profiling
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including CAT5/6 cabling, wireless networks, network switches, WAN/LAN, domain controller, Active Directory, firewall and VPN applications.
- Prepare Policy & Procedures for the IT Department and for the user department and managing Disaster Recovery Process and ensuring regular daily backup is taken
- Anti virus setup and day to day support.
- Identifies and implements solutions to user challenges and concerns associated with the use of personal computer equipment.
- Ensure that policies and procedure relating to PCI compliance are updated.
- Maintains a system error / progress log book and deals with reported problems.
- Monitors and maintains proper inventory of hardware and software license.
- Is aware of IT Security Policies and ensures implementation through regular staff training.
- Keep updated with latest hotel technology and security risks on a regular basis, and is bble to perform other IT or Systems related task assigned by the management
- Must be customer service focused: friendly, helpful, patient. Strong organization skills, able to handle multiple priorities and work effectively under pressure.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays when necessary.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are strongly preferred:
- Knowledge of hotel specific systems such as Resort Suites, Opera, Micros and other POS sale systems
- Knowledge of hotel operations and resort operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
As a full time exempt team member of the hotel we offer the following benefits:
- Low cost health benefits with health reimbursement account 1st of month following 60 days
- Flexible spending account options
- 401k with company match
- Company cell phone or cell phone stipend
- Paid sick and personal time
- Paid holidays
- Free short and long term disability benefits
- Free life insurance
- Free shift meals
- Free on site parking
- Hotel discounts in restaurants, golf, waterfront
- Travel discounts with Preferred Hotels.