Line Cook -Full time
The Inn at Perry Cabin is seeking a full time line cook to prepare food items in a professional, efficient, and courteous manner. Perform routine kitchen duties, as well as a variety of station specific tasks that require planning and organization to meet deadlines and quality standards. The line cook will work primarily PM dinner but ideally has some flexibility to assist in the AM shift when needed.
The Inn at Perry Cabin is a 78 room luxury resort in St. Michaels, Maryland on the banks of the Miles River. We are the home of Stars Restaurant, a three meal restaurant featuring fresh local food and extensive wine and beverage list, as well as Ppurser's Pub. For more information on The Inn at Perry Cabin please visit; www.innatperrycabin.com
The line cook position is full time and reports to the Executive Chef. The PM shift is 3pm - 11pm
Candidates must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- At least two years of culinary experience in a full service restaurant or hotel culinary department
- Solid work history in the culinary profession: dependability, team oriented
- Must be able to perform all basic and intermediate cooking skills including preparation of soups, sauces, stocks, frying, broiling, sauté and grilling
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays, must be able to work the AM shift hours.
- full schedule flexibility
- Some breakfast experience
- Additional Food Handling and Sanitation certificates
- Culinary degree
- Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship
As a full time team member, the line cook will have access to the following
- low cost medical and prescription benefits on the 1st of the month following 60 days
- free short term disability and free life insurance
- free shift meals and free uniforms
- 401k with company match pre-tax
- Flexible spending accounts
- Discounts to hotel services and amenities
- free on site parking
The Inn at Perry Cabin is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.